When time allows, my
Ingredients (4 to 6 servings)
- 2 large chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 6 small limes
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Black pepper
- 3-5 large leaves of crisp lettuce like romaine or iceberg
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1½ – 2 cups of peeled and diced mango (I used frozen, thawed at room temperature)Double batch of Meatified’s grain free tortillas (or other gluten free tortillas)
- Fresh chili or jalapeno
** omit pepper, cumin, and hot peppers for AIP **
- If using frozen mango chunks in the salsa, set them out to thaw, in a single layer on a metal baking pan.
- Cut chicken into thin strips or
bite sizedpieces. Place in a bowl with the zest of one lime, the juice of two small limes (2-4 tbsp), ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp cumin, black pepper, avocado oil, and ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro. (Optional crushed garlic, chili powder, paprika) Set aside to marinate (place in the fridge if you are going to cook later).
- After cleaning your hands and workstation, let’s move on to guacamole. Peel and remove the pit from 2 large avocados. Mash the flesh with a fork in a shallow bowl/soup plate. Add 1 tsp salt, the zest of one lime, the juice of 2 limes (2-4 tbsp), black pepper (optional: fresh chopped cilantro, 1 small jalapeno pepper – seeded and diced, 1 clove fresh crushed garlic, diced purple onion). Set aside.
- For the salsa, dice the mango chunks. Add the zest of one lime, the juice of one lime, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tsp salt (maybe more), and ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro. Optional additions
include:fresh crushed garlic, a seeded and finely dicefresh chili pepper or jalapeno, or finely diced red onion. Set aside.
- Chop some crunchy lettuce like iceberg or romaine into ribbons and set aside.
- Chop and set aside an extra ½ cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- Heat your pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp avocado oil, and saute the chicken. Cook until white all the way through, and browning on the outsides. Draining off excess juice will make this easier to accomplish.
- Warm your tortillas in a pan, or in the oven, and fill with toppings. Roll them up for easier eating. Enjoy!